14 Apr Acquisition Integration Services Can Improve Deal Success
Too many acquisitions fail to produce the value that’s expected. In a recent survey by the M&A Leadership Council, 52% of respondents said their acquisitions failed to meet their revenue goals and 39% said they failed to achieve their cost-saving objectives. The top three obstacles or challenges cited were:
- Lack of an integration strategy (i.e, they were winging it)
- Resources (i.e., they lacked people that were qualified and experienced)
- Culture (i.e., failure to anticipate and overcome cultural differences)
So it’s not just about the making a “deal”, it’s how you integrate the target company into your operations. That’s why Austin Dale Group now offers Acquisition Integration Services to help our buy-side clients integrate the target company after a merger or acquisition.
Answer these questions before you buy a company:
- How are you going to run it?
- What are the potential synergies?
- What level of integration do you want to achieve?
- How are you going to do the integration and how much is it going to cost?
If you’re buying another company then you’re making a huge bet. You must hit the ground running – in the right direction – as soon as the deal is closed. Contact us to learn how our M&A Integration Services can help you plan for success and manage the risks of your acquisition.